We live in a time where it seems that kindness to planet earth and safe surroundings for our children take second priority to money in the pocket for most retailers/manufacturers. But, thank goodness this is not true 100% of the time! Every now and then there comes along an online retail store that absolutely blows us away with an integrity that stands alone. With a huge smiles on our faces and with leaping hearts, we want to lift these businesses up so that parents and all conscious consumers know they are a SAFE ALTERNATIVE when it comes to spending hard earned money responsibly.
We want to know that where we put our money is creating a better environment, and supporting people/families who have a bigger agenda then making money. We want to purchase QUALITY products that are SAFE and surround our families with beauty that lasts. Plato said it so poetically in this quote, “The most effective kind of education is that a child should play amongst lovely things.”
So who is this online retail store that has us so jazzed up? Kidbean, Kidbean, Kidbean.com! A huge congratulations to Kidbean for receiving our first ever “Ethical and Environmentally Conscious Retailer” Green Award.
The Vegan Family Superstore with earth-friendly, labor-friendly, cruelty-free vegan products including clothing, diapers, toys, slings, shoes, & more. Ready for more of the goods? KidBean.com specializes in US-grown and sewn organics & only offer products that have passed their scrupulous (and very admirable) review process. There’s “green”, and then there’s KidBean.
It is far and between that parents can find in a source for a full range of family products that they trust. I mean really, in the fast lane highway of living that we are zooming in today, convenience is what it is all about. We want it now, and we need it yesterday. With this theme so prevalent, it is refreshing (ah, take a deep breath here) to see a retailer “meticulously researches each and every company and product we sell.” And meticulously research they do.
‘Mom Approved – Baby Tested’ Green Retail Award
We are so impressed with their standards and have recently awarded them with our very first GREEN AWARD for being an ethical and environmentally conscious retailer! We lovingly list the ways in which Kidbean blows our minds and wins our GREEN ONLINE AWARD here:
- 83% of all products sold at their store are made in the USA. NONE are made in China. (Most other products are made in Canada). To reduce carbon footprint, a selling a majority of products made in the US is the way to go!
- ALL of Kidbean’s products are made with fair labor practices.
- ALL of Kidbean’s products are VEGAN, which means free of any animal products. None of their products were tested on animals!
- Free of Toxic Dyes, BPA, PVC/Phthalates, Fire Retardants (PBDE’s), Petroleum, Chlorine, Parabens, Formaldehyde and other harmful chemicals.
- Free of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Free of Mineral Oil, Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Artificial Colors and Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Preservatives, Formaldehyde
- Free of Lead, Mercury, Chromium, Cadmium and other Heavy Metals
- Made of Sustainable Wood
- Packaging is Free of PVC, BPA and Lead and Recyclable
Kidbean Sets The Standard
So, coming back to the meticulous research done on Kidbean’s part. They offer such a phenomenal service in describing EVERY product in their online store, listing the reasons that make it a safe product, and alerts consumers of what dangerous toxins they are free of! HATS OFF TO KIDBEAN! Let us show you a few examples. But, by visiting their site you will see in more detail the descriptions that they offer to let you know all about your choices:
- Organic Pajamas: no flame retardants, made with fair trade in the USA, organic cotton, low impact dyes
- Natural Hemp Finger Paints: made from biodynamically-grown German hempseed oil, NO VOCs, lead-free
- Organic Cotton Futon: no wool, no flame retardants
Then they take it even further by defining terms such as volatile organic compounds, formaldehyde, conventional cotton, and so on. They inform their clientele on what dangerous toxins are, where they are commonly found and where you can go to learn more. The coolest thing is, you won’t find any nasty stuff in any of their products! The way they simply and beautifully lay it all out there is so on-point!
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Recover
Melissa Zenz, Kid Bean Founder/Owner, also leads the example when it comes to the 4 R’s. Green all the way! Kidbean uses all incoming boxes/packaging material to ship their products, composts food, recycle ink cartridges, glass, plastic and aluminum and only recycled paper is used for all printing.
We are also happy to hear that Melissa is encouraging suppliers to switch from toxic PVC packaging to recycled and recyclable packaging printed with soy ink. WAY TO GO!
For more info about Melissa’s green obsession, visit http://www.kidbean.com/green.html and CONGRATULATIONS KIDBEAN.COM for earning our first ever Ethical and Environmentally Conscious Retailer Award. It is such a gift for the consumer to be served by a company with KidBean.com‘s integrity! Well done!